Custom Hybrid, MCM and Module Services
Cobham Semiconductor Solutions, a supplier of standard products and custom microelectronic solutions, offers Space and Military qualified assembly and test services meeting the requirements of MIL-PRF-38534 Class H & K. In addition, our Cobham Plainview site has been accredited by the Department of Defense as a Trusted Source, Category 1A supplier for assembly services.
Our MCM packaging technology enables our customers to realize the optimum Size, Weight and Power (SWaP) of their products by applying flip-chip, chip and wire, Chip-on-Board (COB), Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and Planar Magnetics. In many cases, more than one of these technologies are combined in a single module.
From DC to 40 GHz, Cobham can provide microelectronic packaging and test solutions for high speed digital, precision analog and RF/Microwave devices used in military, space and critical industrial applications.
Packaged Devices with a Hybrid
- One stop solution for your microelectronic assembly, evaluation, test and screening requirements
- MIL-PRF-38534 compliant (Class H & K), ISO9001 and AS9100 certified
- Customer furnished tooling - Cobham is experienced in integrating customer originated designs into a smooth, seamless high quality process
- Full turnkey and "design to spec" services for hybrid, SMT assemblies and boxes
- Vertically integrated die to box facility, Class 1,000, Class 10,000 and Class 100,000 manufacturing space
- High-reliability Chip-On-Board design and manufacturing services
- RF/microwave manufacturing services for high volume phased array antennas
- Value-added services such as radiation testing and characterization, classified testing and COTS/commercial upscreening
- Cobham HiRel products, such as FPGAs and ASICs, are available for vertical integration
- State-of-the-Art gold ball bonding:
- 0.8 mil to 2.0 mil automatic gold ball bonding
- Typical IC bond pad dimensions: 65µm; 50µm on special request
- Typical IC bond pad pitch: 80µm; 75µm on special request
- Standard operating procedure: Security Bump on Stitch
- Specialized stand-off stitch allows inter-chip, high-speed ball bonding versus slower wedge bond processes
- Large Area - 16" x 13" bondable area
Hermetically Sealed MCM
Hermetically Sealed Die Cavity + SMT