Controller Area Network (CAN) FD Transceivers
Cobham Semiconductor Solutions introduces our Controller Area Network (CAN) FD Transceivers. The CAN FD transceiver provides the physical layer that permits operation on a differential CAN bus.
QML V Qualification has been successfully completed with SMD 5962-15232 available at DLA's website. Prototypes, QML Q and V Production are available now! Please see our Press Release and comments by ESA.
Our first is the UT64CAN333x series developed in accordance with the ISO 11898-2 (1Mbps) and 11898-5 (CAN-FD) standards.
The three CAN FD transceiver options:
- The UT64CAN3330 provides a low power sleep mode of operation
- The UT64CAN3331 supports a bus isolated diagnostic loopback
- The UT64CAN3332 offers the ability to monitor bus traffic enabling the local controller to change its baud rate to match the operations of the bus
This series of CAN transceivers are capable of baud rates between 10 kbps to 8 Mbps and include a slope-control mode to control the slew rate of the transmissions for baud rates of up to 500kbps. A standby mode disables the transmitter circuit to conserve power while monitoring the bus for activity. The UT64CAN333x series can support up to 120 nodes.
Cobham's Arm® Microcontroller integrates two independent CAN controllers for primary and redundant CAN topologies. View our Arm® Microcontroller Products.
- Compatible with ISO 11898-2 and 11898-5 Standards
- 10kbps to 8Mbps baud rates
- Single 3.3V Supply Voltage
- Class 2 ESD for non-CAN bus pins
- Class 3A ESD for CAN bus pins (CANL, CANH)
- Bus-Pin Fault Protection: ±36 V terrestrial and ±16 V in Orbit
- Common-mode range: -7 to +12 V
- Transient Protection: -60 to +40V
- Over current protection
- Low current standby mode: IDD ≤ 1500 µA
- 5V tolerant digital I/O
- Cold Spare of digital I/O
- Avionic/Aerospace sensor monitoring
- Avionic/Aerospace system telemetry
- Avionic/Aerospace command and control
- Utility Plane Communication
- Smart Sensor Communication
- ARINC825 applications
- Time Triggered (TTP/C and TTP/A) applications
CAN Transceiver News
- View our new Application Note: UT64CAN333x CAN Transceiver Node Network Primer
- A new CAN Transceiver IBIS Model is available. Login or request access here.
- Cobham has received DLA QML V qualification of their UT64CAN333x series of RadTolerant CAN FD Transceivers. READ MORE...
- View our most recent Advertisement showing our CAN Family.
Available CAN FD Products
|CAN FD Transceivers|
||Description||Baud Rate||Total Dose||Single Event Latch-up
|Package||QML Q&V||SMD Part
|UT64CAN3330||Controller Area Network (CAN) Transciever - Sleep Mode||10Kbps to 8Mbps||100 krad(Si)||117 MeV-cm2/mg||8 FP||Q, V||5962-15232|
|UT64CAN3331||Controller Area Network (CAN) Transciever - Diagnostic Loopback Mode||10Kbps to 8Mbps||100 krad(Si)||117 MeV-cm2/mg||8 FP||Q, V||5962-15232|
|UT64CAN3332||Controller Area Network (CAN) Transciever - Auto-baud Loopback Mode||10Kbps to 8Mbps||100 krad(Si)||117 MeV-cm2/mg||8 FP||Q, V||5962-15232|
|Note: Evaluation Board available. Contact factory.|