Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (“CAES”) is monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and its potential impact on CAES facilities around the world. As part of CAES’ longstanding Business Continuity Plan, the impact of the pandemic is continually assessed and plans are being implemented as needed. As events unfold, we will be adjusting our actions to respond appropriately to those developments.
As part of the United States Defense Industrial Base (DIB), CAES is resolute in our commitment to support our customers' critical missions by maintaining business operations wherever possible. Moreover, since the health and well-being of our employees and their families is a prerequisite to the success of any Business Continuity Plan, we are taking steps to preserve their ability to work toward our customers' success.
To this end, we have to date:
- Established a COVID-19 response leadership team, including the CEO, with frequent communication to all relevant stakeholders;
- Activated a plan to enable all employees to work from home where their job function allows;
- Implemented an employee temperature screening process for entry into facilities;
- Implemented social distancing measures such as modifying workbench locations and employee spacing;
- Implemented more rigorous health and safety practices such as enforcing more regular hand washing, more frequent cleaning of our facilities, and supplied more hand sanitizer to employees;
- Reduced the number of visitors to our facilities while implementing a visitor screening process, to include temperature screening;
- Eliminated employee travel;
- Canceled our participation in trade shows for approximately 90 days; and,
- Instituted protocols mandating the use of face masks in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Our business remains strong. The long-duration, mission-critical government programs that require our technology remain intact and our future is bright. We have the support of our new owner, Advent International, and our balance sheet is healthy. We are currently experiencing only minimal impact to the CAES supply chain and continue to make deliveries to our customers.
CAES remains committed to our partnerships in these difficult times. If you have any questions, please contact us at COVID19@cobham.com.